Who are we?
At iSoftBet, our mission is to build quality gaming products that inspire, innovate and entertain – always placing the players, partners and people at the heart of everything we do.
We use our in-depth knowledge, industry expertise and our passion for gaming to deliver premium products and iSoftBet is rapidly growing to become one of the most influential forces in gaming with a very bright future.
iSoftBet is looking for an in-house Agile Coach to support in leading us through continuing our agile transformation across technology. This role will report into the CTO and can be based in either London or Malta.
- Attend Team stand ups
- Work across all Technology teams on the cross dependencies between each board
- Interface with Product Owners on any prioritisation of technology cards required to maximise the operational efficiency of the MVP
- Manage blockers and escalate to CTO where a priority call is needed (where it cannot be agreed between the team managers e.g. DevOps and TechOps)
- Facilitate Retrospectives on sprints, with a focus on ways of working and constraints from a Technology perspective
- Coach and mentor Dev and Ops teams. Making recommendations on squad sizes, skills mix and quality of coding.
- Summarise key metrics (velocity, defect rate, squad utilisation) and summarise progress to CTO and other CxO’s
Skills & Experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in agile development methodologies
- You have a development background
- Used to working in high-transaction rate systems where optimisation of code is important
- 10+ years of experience leading teams, with an understanding of working to people’s strengths
- 3+ years of experience with DevOps culture
- Worked in large development teams of 100+
The expected outcomes of the role:
- Improved working relationships between Technology functions
- Ensure that Technology standards and principles are prioritised appropriately
- Question and resolve ‘that’s the way we’ve always done it’ assumptions
- Improved quality of code that improved database efficiency
- Improved quality of code that improves compute/storage efficiency
- Identify security risks in coding practises – direct communication with databases from web
- Ensure principles on coding best practises (e.g. no hardcoded passwords, IP addresses)
- Overall improvement in velocity
- Reduction in Defect rate
What is in it for you?
Our people are the ‘i’ in iSoftBet and always come first. They are the heart and soul of our business, crazy about gaming and passionate about creating the best user experience possible.
Our open-plan offices, are a hive of activity and creativity, and the close-knit nature of our team makes the office a special place.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19 we are working from home with the opportunity to work in the office if you wish too. We are holding regular virtual employee engagement initiatives to keep moral high and our culture alive!
iSoftBet are GDPR compliant. By applying for this position, you agree for iSoftBet to process your information for the purposes of this recruitment campaign. Your information shall be stored on our internal database for up to 12 months. Should you wish to withdraw your consent you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.