iSoftBet is the creator of some of the gaming industry’s most exciting and entertaining slots. From seasonal fun and fantasy classics to iconic film brands, we design, develop and distribute to some of the world’s biggest global brands.
We use our in-depth knowledge, industry expertise and our passion for gaming to deliver premium products and iSoftbet is rapidly growing to become one of the most influential forces in gaming with a very bright future.
We have a proud history but are always looking forwards to stay ahead of the curve. With new opportunities emerging in such a fast paced and constantly changing hi-tech environment, we are always working towards developing the next game-changing innovation.
This is where you come in!
Reporting to our DBA Team Lead, the main purpose of this DBA position is to develop and maintain the database security and capacity.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop MySQL Stored procedures, triggers and queries for our Back-Office teams.
- Monitor database events, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- MySQL database tuning.
- Monitor database backup and validate recovery plans.
- Estimation and optimization of the capacity and performance.
- Coordinate with system administration and application development teams for capacity planning and application design.
- Implement solutions for database performance monitoring and tuning.
- Ensure the security access.
- Be a MySQL SQL developer, with a detailed eye on query performances
- Be an expert in stored procedures and triggers (Essential)
- Be an expert with MySQL syntax and error handling (MySQL specificities)
- Have previous extensive similar experience
- Have extensive experience of MySQL optimization of tables and queries
- Have excellent communication skills
Following experience is bonus but not mandatory.
- Understanding basic syntax of PHP.
- Have worked before on git version control.
- Experience with distributed database systems.
- Experience with open source/linux development and production environment.
- Experience with project Management tools like JIRA.
What we offer:
This position boasts lovely new offices, with social areas, regular pizza and drinks evenings to socialise with colleagues, annual Summer event & Christmas party (for more fun and socialising!) amongst a friendly team as well as the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave per annum plus bank holidays plus an additional day for each year of service capped at 30 days
- Pension scheme, Employer matches contributions up to 6%
- Annual salary review & bonus scheme
- Private health insurance