Who are we?
iSoftBet is the creator of some of the gaming industry’s most exciting and entertaining slots. From seasonal fun and fantasy classics to iconic film brands, we design, develop and distribute to some of the world’s biggest global brands.
We use our in-depth knowledge, industry expertise and our passion for gaming to deliver premium products and iSoftbet is rapidly growing to become one of the most influential forces in gaming with a very bright future.
We have a proud history but are always looking forwards to stay ahead of the curve. With new opportunities emerging in such a fast paced and constantly changing hi-tech environment, we are always working towards developing the next game-changing innovation.
This is where you come in!
iSoftBet is looking for a DevOps Engineer reporting into the Lead Technical Engineer based in either Malta or London.
- Build scalable, highly-available, robust infrastructure to support our games systems and enable continuous delivery.
- Work closely with the development team to embed DevOps Culture.
- Manage automation from provisioning to day-to-day operations.
- Research, evaluate and implement technologies to improve our gaming platform efficiency, performance and availability.
- Work with open source technologies.
- Maintain documentation.
- Endorse DevOps mentality in getting stuff done. i.e. You build it, ship it, own it.
- Be a good collaborator, learn from other talented people, and share your knowledge.
- Participate in technical discussions – challenge our architecture, propose and implement changes. We believe in rapid iteration and using the right tool for the job.
Key skills and experience:
- Someone highly experienced with Linux and AWS.
- Has a solid grasp of networking and security of data centre and cloud-based environments.
- Strives to build and maintain highly available business-critical systems within a microservices environment.
- Has a deep understanding of Linux, comfortable with scripting e.g. bash and python.
- Experience in designing for scalability, would be desirable.
- Endorses Infrastructure as Code and automation.
- Is proactive, enthusiastic, and capable of solving complex technical problems.
- Has experience with load balancers, web servers, docker, messaging systems, orchestration tooling, monitoring and log aggregation.
- Responsible for the architecture, design, development and implementation of Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Agile Project Tracking tools, Source Code Management, Configuration Management, Build, Deployment and Automation Tools at Enterprise level.
- Managing the release processes, application health analysis, keeping track of production metrics
- Ensuring the stability of environments, that closely represents production i.e. running latest versions and is healthy.
- Hands-on experience using one or more of the tools/technologies (but not limited to) in each of the below areas:
o Project Management & Tracking – JIRA
o Code Management System – GitHub, BitBucket
o Continuous Integration & Build – Jenkins, Bamboo, and TeamCity
o Continuous Deployment – Ansible, Docker
o Cloud Computing & Deployment – AWS
o Proxy and Load Balancer – NGINX/NGINX+
o IaC – Terraform, CloudFormation
Our people are the ‘i’ in iSoftBet and always come first. They are the heart and soul of our business, crazy about gaming and passionate about creating the best user experience possible.
Our open-plan offices are a hive of activity and creativity, and the close-knit nature of our team makes the office a special place.
Due to covid-19 we are all working from home but do have our Malta and Romania offices open on a voluntary basis.