iSoftBet is the creator of some of the gaming industry’s most exciting and entertaining slots. From seasonal fun and fantasy classics to iconic film brands, we design, develop and distribute to some of the world’s biggest global brands.
We use our in-depth knowledge, industry expertise and our passion for gaming to deliver premium products and iSoftbet is rapidly growing to become one of the most influential forces in gaming with a very bright future.
We have a proud history but are always looking forwards to stay ahead of the curve. With new opportunities emerging in such a fast paced and constantly changing hi-tech environment, we are always working towards developing the next game-changing innovation.
This is where you come in!
iSoftBet is looking for a full-time DevOps manager to support us in setting up the DevOps function in our Malta office as part of our deployment/IT/Dev department. Our team develops a proprietary API System, Casino Games and Back-Office for high traffic regulated gambling websites.
- Your primary responsibility will be to improve the security and resilience of a diverse IT estate of high traffic, regulated, gambling websites. This includes a proprietary API system, casino games and back-office services, most of which runs on internal infrastructure in international locations.
- You will work on both Development and Operational (dev and ops) improvements. For development you will improve security and reliability by helping build security testing into CI/CD pipelines. For operations you will help to automate manual change and recovery processes in everything from databases to failover.
- The technologies you will be working with will include some or all of the following: Unix -flavoured servers, relational databases, containers, container orchestration tools, monitoring tools, microservices, code versioning services, CI/CD pipelines, test automation frameworks, static code analysis, and service configuration management.
- You will collaborate across our whole organization with managers, development teams, system and database administrators to define the improvements needed, agree the outcomes, execute the work, and present the impact of that work to stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
- You are able to demonstrate a strong ability to understand problems and communicate solutions, whilst recognising not every solution needs to be technical.
- Demonstrate expertise in a variety of DevOps tools. Although they may be different to those we use, you should be comfortable to hold the conversation about how they differ and make a recommendation for change if appropriate.
- Proficient at writing 12scripts in languages such as Python, bash/Awk shell or similar.
- Understanding and knowledge of PHP programming.
- Proficient with SQL databases, mainly as a systems admin, also able to partner with a database admin to achieve outcomes.
- Understand how to build security practices into each stage of the Dev to Ops pipeline, from SAST / DAST to server certificate and credentials management.
- Have a fair knowledge of network and routing
- Most importantly, you are a passionate learner of new skills and technologies, who wants to make a positive contribution to our company.
What is in it for you?
Our people are the ‘i’ in iSoftBet and always come first. They are the heart and soul of our business, crazy about gaming and passionate about creating the best user experience possible.
Our open-plan offices, situated near London’s South Bank, are a hive of activity and creativity, and the close-knit nature of our team makes the office a special place.
With plenty of space for break and break-out sessions, lunch and social events, there are regular opportunities for team bonding and events throughout the year.
You will also receive the following benefits:
- 26 days annual leave plus one additional day per year of service capped at 30 days per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Private Health Insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Wellness allowance