GAP PHP TEAM LEADER
We are looking for a PHP Team Lead to join our growing engineering team in London reporting to the Dev Manager. You will work together with the engineering team and combine your in-depth knowledge of large-scale and your passion for new technologies to ensure we keep delivering the best experiences to our customers.
Desired skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in web development using PHP5, OOP, MySQL, jQuery, HTML, Kafka.
- Experience with PHP framework such as Lumen and Laravel
- Experience in developing REST web services and working with APIs
- Experience in using version control systems such as GIT
- An understanding of the entire software development life cycle
- A passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Experience working with XML and JSON
- Experience in designing automation unit, stress and functional tests
- Experience of working in Agile environments
- To be a fast learner who adapts easily to changing environments, possess strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
- Past experience of team lead, or natural leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience with JIRA/STASH/BAMBOO
- Developing on virtualised environment using Vagrant
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Leading the integration team, reporting to the Development manager.
- Being an asset to deliver fast paced projects thanks to leadership and skills.
- Requirements and project specs analysis and estimations
- Write high performance and reusable PHP code modules
- Maintain and improve the backend for existing products
- Code review and projects architecture improvement
- Follow coding standards and best practices
- Collaboration within the team in order to achieve the requirements above
- Ability to understand and analyse specifications