Head of Legal & Compliance
At iSoftBet, our mission is to build quality gaming products that inspire, innovate and entertain – always placing the players, partners and people at the heart of everything we do.
We use our in-depth knowledge, industry expertise and our passion for gaming to deliver premium products and iSoftBet is rapidly growing to become one of the most influential forces in gaming with a very bright future.
iSoftBet is currently looking for a Head of Legal and Compliance, to be based in Malta. Reporting directly into the CEO, this is a key role within iSoftBet.
- Full ownership around Legal and Compliance, with departmental responsibility over strategy and operations
- Organizing our global legal infrastructure and provide a legal standpoint on business decisions within the company
- Own compliance & legal processes across the organisation
- Managing all legal requirements, covering regulatory risk, contractual matters and disputes, security and IP, corporate governance
- Managing and own all compliance aspects such as Anti Money Laundering and Responsible Gaming
- Managing all compliance activities including gaming licence applications processes, regulatory reporting and audits
- Lead and manage the Legal and Compliance Audit Committee
- Provide legal and compliance analysis, guidance and support when entering new regulated markets
- Hold and maintain PML and Key Account Licence and any other relevant regulatory key personal licences.
- Provide sales and commercial teams with legal and compliance support
- Develop and lead an international legal and compliance team based in Malta, UK and Romania, including relevant contractors, providing inspiring leadership based on solid strategy.
Skills & Experience
- Be an experienced leader with strong leadership qualities
- Master of Laws (LLM) from a reputable European university
- A minimum 7 years’ experience, and at least 5 years’ as an in-house counsel
- Knowledge and understanding of iGaming, commercial, IT and internet laws
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working with iGaming compliance, and with relevant Gaming Regulatory bodies
- Preferably past experience as PML and Key Person regulatory issues
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Being independent and self-motivated, structured and thrive in giving a high degree of service
- Ability to work comfortably in an intense, fast paced international environment
- Able to present complex issues, draw conclusions and provide guidance to the business
- English – excellent command of both written and spoken
- Role requires travel
What is in it for you?
Our people are the ‘i’ in iSoftBet and always come first. They are the heart and soul of our business, crazy about gaming and passionate about creating the best user experience possible.
Our open-plan offices, are a hive of activity and creativity, and the close-knit nature of our team makes the office a special place.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19 we are working from home with the opportunity to work in the office if you wish too. We are holding regular virtual employee engagement initiatives to keep moral high and our culture alive!
iSoftBet are GDPR compliant. By applying for this position, you agree for iSoftBet to process your information for the purposes of this recruitment campaign. Your information shall be stored on our internal database for up to 12 months. Should you wish to withdraw your consent you may do so by emailing email@example.com .