Head of Infrastructure
Who are we?
At iSoftBet, our mission is to build quality gaming products that inspire, innovate and entertain – always placing the players, partners and people at the heart of everything we do.
We use our in-depth knowledge, industry expertise and our passion for gaming to deliver premium products and iSoftBet is rapidly growing to become one of the most influential forces in gaming with a very bright future.
iSoftBet is looking for an experienced, yet hands-on Head of Infrastructure able to thrive in a fast-growing business where change is constant. Reporting to the CTO, you will have full responsibility for DevOps, TechOps and DBA teams. You’re the critical interface between development and the operations teams. You will be an evangelist for the Agile and DevOps culture. The position will be based in our Malta Head Office Quarters in Sliema.
- Own all operational teams in Technology with ownership of the ‘run’ functions
- Be responsible for infrastructure, hosting, cloud, and databases. You’ll provide a service to Development teams.
- Drive the implementation of DevOps culture
- Provide technical leadership on database performance setup and best practice
- Be the authority on infrastructure, datacenters and cloud.
- Be experienced with designing secure platforms with a good understanding of common security attack vectors. You’ll work closely with the Security team.
- Work closely with big data and analytics teams running opensource platforms
- Be familiar with PHP, MySQL, ELK, CentOS, AWS, etc
- Provide strong technical/none-technical leadership and mentor/coach your teams
- Architect highly resilient systems using load balancing techniques
- Have good ITIL knowledge, but know how to use the framework in a agile environment
- Manage risks and blockers, and escalate any constraints to resolution
- Contribute to leadership Kanban board and enable prioritisation. Say ‘no’ when the pipeline is full.
Skills & Experience
- Be pragmatic in your approach, and ensure you maintain perspective.
- A good listener, and clear communicator.
- At home in an agile environment.
- A good leader.
- Able to operate in all parts of the business and identify key drivers
- Worked in DevOps culture.
- Worked in a web-based, high transaction businesses. Ideally with a gaming background.
- Able to articulate complex concepts to technical staff
- You accept ownership of business problems, ensuring outcomes/delivery across multiple teams.
- Able to articulate deliverables as ‘value streams’ and business outcomes.
The expected outcomes of the role:
- Develop the DevOps, Techops and DBA teams
- Address the core risks that improve Stability and Security
- Drive a strong agile culture
- Constantly improve stability
- Create a class leading operational team
- Reduce costs and improve quality
- Create and maintain a roadmap to inspire the team, and communicate to C-Level
What is in it for you?
Our people are the ‘i’ in iSoftBet and always come first. They are the heart and soul of our business, crazy about gaming and passionate about creating the best user experience possible.
Our open-plan offices, are a hive of activity and creativity, and the close-knit nature of our team makes the office a special place.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19 we are working from home with the opportunity to work in the office if you wish too. We are holding regular virtual employee engagement initiatives to keep moral high and our culture alive!
iSoftBet are GDPR compliant. By applying for this position, you agree for iSoftBet to process your information for the purposes of this recruitment campaign. Your information shall be stored on our internal database for up to 12 months. Should you wish to withdraw your consent you may do so by emailing email@example.com.