MYSQL DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Who are we?
iSoftBet is the creator of some of the gaming industry’s most exciting and entertaining slots. From seasonal fun and fantasy classics to iconic film brands, we design, develop and distribute to some of the world’s biggest global brands.
We use our in-depth knowledge, industry expertise and our passion for gaming to deliver premium products and iSoftbet is rapidly growing to become one of the most influential forces in gaming with a very bright future.
We have a proud history but are always looking forwards to stay ahead of the curve. With new opportunities emerging in such a fast paced and constantly changing hi-tech environment, we are always working towards developing the next game-changing innovation.
This is where you come in!
Your role is to ensure the good functioning of the MySQL databases and clusters by using multiple storage engines, manage and do performance tuning in our large MySQL environment.
You will work on elaborating and putting in place new architecture projects related to the company’s systems and networks. The DBA is also required to closely work with different development team to optimize current implementations at database level.
Who are you?
The right candidate will be an experienced MySQL database administrator who will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of MySQL instances.
You will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, and provisioning of database instances. You will also work in tandem with the other teams, preparing documentations and specifications as required.
- Experience with MySQL specifically InnoDB;
- Experience working in 24/7 production environments;
- Solid knowledge of SQL relational database concepts;
- Previous database administration experience or previous experience in design and implementation MySQL concepts (query optimization, indexes, triggers, views and stored procedures);
- Knowledge of MySQL replication, clustering and scaling.
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management;
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL;
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines;
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL;
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL;
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements;
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler;
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications;
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of MySQL disaster recovery;
- Linux knowledge;
- Monitor database performance and capacity, proactively addressing potential problems, physical design and implementation of new databases environments;
- Work on MySQL databases on different storage engines;
- Provide technical support for database technologies to various development teams;
- Provide advice and counsel to the developers;
- Optimization of the current databases and coordination with development team;
- Analyse the stored data and make recommendations relating to performance and efficiency of data storage;
- Backup and restore databases as needed;
- Create maintenance plans;
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations;
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases;
- Prepare documentations and specifications;
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc;
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary;
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders;
- Query and index optimization;
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation and provide off-hours production support.
Who we are:
iSoftBet is a leading B2B software provider for the Gambling and Gaming Industry, with a vast portfolio of stunning in-house regular and branded games, 3rd-party game integration engine, great player experience, unique features and top-notch marketing tools.
We use our in-depth knowledge in the industry along with our passion for gaming to deliver premier products which are spearheading the Gambling world.
Amongst our clients you’ll find the biggest brands in the industry and our players are enjoying the thrill and fun of our ‘Simply Play’ spirit.
What is in it for you?
Our people are the ‘i’ in iSoftBet and always come first. They are the heart and soul of
our business, crazy about gaming and passionate about creating the best user
Our open-plan offices, situated near London’s South Bank, are a hive of activity and
creativity, and the close-knit nature of our team makes the office a special place.
With plenty of space for break and break-out sessions, lunch and social events, there
are regular opportunities for team bonding and events throughout the year.
You will also receive the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus one additional day per year of service capped at 30
days per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Private Health Insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Up to 6% matching pension contribution
- 50% Puregym discountce